ZAH CARES – A CRISIS ACTION RESPONSE TEAM
CARES’s purpose is to establish a process with the help of community volunteers “social workers” who have the experience and ability to assist and/or direct help to any Houston based Zarathushti family in a crisis situation.
CARES’s CORE TEAM is galvanized to take immediate action when required. Volunteers will be
from within the ZAH membership and may even include individuals from Mainstream America & NGO’s.
ZAH is a 600+ strong, vibrant and proactive community and as we continue to grow we see a need to address some of the issues that are evident as a need for our community, its seniors and even within the young families too.
Fezana has an assistance program, extremely effective, which is an organizational body that offers only monetary assistance & relief. However, it just cannot assist hands on. Hence we saw a need for OUR members who require assistance and that is how CART has evolved.
ZAH’s social workers have been identified, approached, are eager to get this program in motion. The team will have active and also retired individuals who understand the need and are eager to help jump start this valuable tool for ZAH.
We are delighted that all the volunteers have come in right away and required no persuasion. They read the memo, saw the need and joined up! However, volunteers will be accepted only if there are no prior ZAH regulatory concerns or unresolved issues.
In ending, YES, we are serious, motivated, our intent is professional and we are in operation!
‘ZAH CARES’ SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY ‘VOLUNTEERS’ CONTRIBUTING THEIR TIME AND PERSONAL RESOURCES. WE WILL REQUIRE A SIGNED WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITIES FORANY INCIDENT WHEN THEIR SERVICES ARE BEING PROVIDED.
CART’s social workers consist of volunteers from Social, Medical, Education, Legal, Insurance, Accounting, Technology, etc. team will be available to assist in helping to get relief in need based situations and all decisions will be based on a three or more committee member’s consensus. The guidelines shown below will be followed:
‘CARES’ CAN …
1. Social, business, tax & legal mentoring using ZAH & City services.
2. Professional Psychological support system (kept confidential)
3. Assist in domestic challenging situations & provide referrals to city services.
4. If and when required provide referrals for social, legal and other services.
5. Provide transportation to ZAH functions.
6. Assist at the time of need and bereavement.
7. Make doctor’s appointments and drive members over for appointments.
8. Help get groceries/ Pick up medications
9. Provide emergency assistance, if required, for visiting families of Zoroastrians residing in Houston
10. Accept donations, but will be directed and be disbursed by the ZAH treasurer ONLY
, business, tax & legal mentoring using ZAH & City services.
‘CARES’ CANNOT ….
1. Provide ongoing day to day assistance to individuals.
2. Guarantee services when volunteers are not available
3. Services provided will be for crisis situations only and will have time limitations
4. Be available as a short time caretaker for babysitting under emergency situations only or
5. Volunteer Physicians will not offer a second opinion to avoid a conflict with another doctor/provider.
6. Perform any service without a signed waiver form
7. Disclose any names of people they are providing services to the general membership.
INTERESTED ZAH MEMBERS WHO WISH TO USE THIS SOCIAL SERVICE MAY CONTACT US AT
TEL 713-xxx-xxxx OR SEND AN E-MAIL TO email@example.com
Our ZAHCARES program is available for all community members and the best way is to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a single person will receive this message and distribute your request for assistance ONLY to the ones living closest to you or be dependent on who can best address your specific request and/or need.
We will also have a crisis hot line phone number that will be released soon.
Until then please feel free to call any of the individuals listed below…………